Well the York Beer & Cider Festival is well and truly in session. We had a great time judging the best beer of the festival before the trade session started on Wednesday. It’s tougher than you think to taste so many beers with a clean pallet each time, which is why I think the stouts did better in the scores. It was also great to put a few faces to the names of York’s infamous twitterers, hopefully we’ll see a few more of you back at the festival when we return for a good session on Friday.
For your information to maybe help you choose out of the 350+ beers here are the winning beers in each catagory and the overall LocAle winners as judged by us and the specialist panel:
- Knaresborough American Style Milk Stout
- Brass Castle Burnout
- Rudgate York Chocolate Stout
- Standard Bitters: Hop Studio White Rose
- Best Bitters: Collingham Artisan’s Choice
- Premium Bitters: Kirkstall Dissolution IPA
- Porters & Stouts: Brass Castle Burnout
- Strong Beers: Knaresborough American Style Milk Stout
- Speciality Beers: Rudgate York Chocolate Stout
York CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival is running from Wed 18th to Sat 22nd on the Knavesmire (Racecourse) off Tadcaster Road, I fully recommend you get down and sample some of the superb real ales on offer from our region!